Sunday, May 12, 2013

Every Woman A mother

I was involved with a group discussion today with a group of wonderful women. Mothers grandmothers, the mothers of our future, and the women who have shaped out past. It was enlightening and emotiona as they each spoke of the lessons about life and love they learned from their mothers for generations.
To my mother I want her to know that as alike as we are, it is our differences that make me appreciate her. My mother has a never failing faith. No matter what trials life brings her she clings fiercely to her God, her faith, and her love of her family. She has taught me that true treasures in life can only be found in the hearts of those we love.
To my sisters and sisters-in-law. You are the anchors in my storm. When life throws me into a trial I didn't expect, it is your care of my children, acceptance of my weaknesses and love for my wild ways that keeps me grounded.
To all of my girlfriends, related to me or not: You have showed me the importance of being a good mother and caring for my children first and foremost. Thank you for your devotion to the greatest gifts God has given us.

The lessons I learned today about strength and courage boil down to the same thing...
Life is a classroom. Every woman that inspired and taught those diverse women in our discussion, were all learning from each other. Sometimes we inspire through our successes and sometimes through our failures.We are teaching each other: what to do, what to avoid, and how to love.
Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of You, and Thank you for showing me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment